Thursday, June 28, 2007

To gift or not to gift...
















I finished a sweater vest and cap for a baby shower. The honoree is having a boy. I knit the sweater in the 12 month size. My husband thinks the cap is ridiculous. He calls it a "jaunty little hat", and he doesn't mean that in a nice way! So, do I give the cap with the sweater? The mom will already hate me; it's 100 percent non-superwash wool! Here's a picture of the whole ensemble. It was knit from a MaggiKnits pattern booklet using a Maggi's yarn (Tweed Fleck).


I think the hat is kind of cute, but my uncooperative daughter wasn't thrilled to act as the model. It's clear that my cat is interested...


I think I probably will send it along. I am pleased with the entire package, with the khakis and oxford I bought to accompany the sweater. I hope the mom-to-be will like it. Luckily, she lives hundreds of miles away, so she can't physically harm me for gifting her a handwash item for a baby!








1 comment:

Annie said...

I think it's adorable!