Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stolen from the knittibell

Annie said anyone who read this on her blog was tagged, so I guess I'm it. I'm probably the only one taking her to heart on it, though!

1. Three films you rented recently
This is a hard one for me, because I've been mostly pulling TV shows with Netflix, but a review of my returns there tells me I've recently rented the following:

The Illusionist - This was a strange movie, and I wasn't sure I would like it. It ended up being pretty good, though. Edward Norton is pretty great in just about everything he does, though. I just can't jump on the Jessica Biel bandwagon. She seems to definitely be more about style than substance. Of course there's a decent chance I'm just really jealous!

Thank You For Smoking - Very enjoyable. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about Katie Holmes' bedroom scene, though. Not such a big deal at all. I like Aaron Eckhart a lot - he was great in Erin Brockovich - and he didn't disappoint here.

Junebug - I really liked this sweet movie. So did EW, which I implicitly trust! Rent this and enjoy, and Go Amy Adams!

2. Are you into any other crafts other than knitting?
Not really, given that I don't want to share the time I have for knitting with anything else. I have done some quilting in the past. I have probably completed four or five quilts, none full-size. Quilting is nice, but it's not portable like knitting. Quilters do create beautiful things, though, like this - ZEN's crib quilt, lovingly handcrafted by her very generous and very talented grandmother.




3.Any new stash or notions acquisitions?
But of course! I bought some Trekking XXL while in Cincinnati at Lambikin's Hideaway. I also got some sea silk in ebony, which I'm currently still drooling over. That came from a LYS and is likely to be made into a creation from Victorian Lace Today. That book is a recent addition. My husband had it stashed away for Christmas, but when Borders had a coupon recently, he feared I was going to go buy it for myself, so Christmas came early!

4. What are you listening to?
Mostly podcasts (Stash and Burn, Sticks and String, Cast-On, Lime N Violet, We're Almost There). Aimee Mann, Neil Diamond (yep, I'm not afraid to admit that I love this man, who had made it big before I was born), Daughtry (I also have to admit I'm a huge American Idol fan, but I don't usually follow the music the contestants create. However, I loved me some Chris Daughtry). I also get my daily dose of NPR on the way to and from work.

5. Name Five Things on Your Knitting Wishlist
Only five!?!?!

1. The Barbara Walker Treasury books
2. Sea Wool yarn
3. No Sheep For You
4. Knit Picks Options Harmony needles (they sure look cool!)
5. Lace Blocking Wires

I'll say the same thing Annie did - if you're reading this, you're tagged, so go answer the questions on your blog!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I also love Neil Diamond! Lara and I have been meaning to go and see him live, but it never happened.

Great post!